Clinically accurate remote respiratory cough testing by ResApp Health
It can be difficult to assess your patient’s respiratory symptoms during a telehealth consultation as a clinical assessment usually requires the use of a stethoscope or a chest x-ray. ResAppDx is a smartphone app that facilitates remote respiratory testing to aid clinicians in the diagnosis of common respiratory diseases affecting children and adults.
The ResAppDx Respiratory Cough Test add-on allows your clinic to offer the ResAppDx cough test as part of your pre-consultation workflow for patients that are experiencing respiratory symptoms. Test results are then available within your telehealth session directly in the Coviu platform.
1) Once the ResAppDx Respiratory Cough Test add-on is enabled, patients will be asked to confirm whether they have respiratory-related symptoms when joining a consultation. If a patient does not have respiratory-related symptoms, their call will proceed as normal.
2) Patients who are experiencing respiratory-related symptoms will be requested to conduct a remote cough test using the ResAppDx app*. The ResAppDx Respiratory Cough Test add-on will guide the patient through the process of payment and download of the app from the App Store. The patient’s test is linked to their telehealth session by a unique cough test code.
3) Using the ResAppDx app, patients complete the cough test by providing their date of birth, medical history, symptoms, and capturing five coughs. Their coughs are instantly analysed by the app, and the results are stored securely until the consultation begins.
4) During the consultation, the patient’s results are available to you via the ResAppDx respiratory drawer in the Coviu platform. You can view or download the Analysis Report and Instructions for Use.
There is no charge to your clinic for use of this add-on.
*At this time, only patients with access to an iPhone are able to take the test.
• The add-on is designed to provide test results to be used by clinicians to remotely assess patents aged 29 days or older immediately preceding a video consultation using the Coviu telehealth platform.
• The test results should be used as part of an overall clinical assessment in the face of other evidence related to the patient.
• A test result indication should be weighed against the clinical signs and indications from the patient, and possibly other test results also, as well as the clinical experience and judgement of the diagnosing clinician.
If you have suggestions to improve the product or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org